Employee Benefits for Schools Districts
Does your district struggle with budgeting each year for health insurance and employee benefits? With the health insurance rates on the rise, this can be a daunting task. We have the solution! With OSBA's defined contribution approach to employee benefits, each district can set aside an amount of money for each employee and let the employees shop from 7 medical plans, a health savings account, 2 dental plans, and 2 vision plans. Why struggle with finding the right plan that fits your budget and your employees, when you can accomplish both. Set your budget then let your employee decide what is best for their needs. Defined contribution provides a budget friendly solution while also giving flexibility of choice to your employees which leads to higher employee satisfaction and less stress on district administrators.
OSBA Area Map
OSBA elects representatives from each region to sit on the board for input and guidance pertinent to their region and for trust fund administration. Every district has a vote on annual benefit plan(s) that the board presents. For a list of participating districts or references, please contact Capstone Insurors.
*Areas Outlined in Orange and Black indicate potential areas of growth.
Employer Funded, Employee Choice
The OSBA program uses an defined contribution model where each district is allowed to define a funding amount that allows the employee to shop from a host of benefit options with funding allowed to be used towards the employees choice of 7 medical plans, a Health Savings Account, 2 dental plans and 2 vision plans. With this model the employee is empowered to make their own decision on what plan(s) are best for their specific needs which leads to higher employee satisfaction and less stress on the district administrators.
Dual Network Options
Why put up with the stress of having to choose between two networks when you can have both? OSBA has the ability to offer your employees both the Cox and Mercy network options.
Online Benefits Enrollment & Management
New hire and open enrollment can be stressful. An online enrollment system will make the enrollment process and payroll processing quick, simple and less frustrating. With OSBA's online benefits portal, employees can enroll quickly and payroll can manage benefits easily. OSBA also provides consolidated billing to help reduce the paper mess and multiple invoices that many payroll administrators are faced with.
Affordable Care Act Compliance for School Districts
Need assistance digging your way through the new Affordable Care Act regulations? Capstone Insurors has joined efforts with Worxtime, one of the leading ACA tracking and reporting software vendors, to offer ACA compliance tools and support as an additional service to member and non-member school districts. With Capstone Insurors' ACA Compliance for school districts, you can relax knowing that your district has a support team to help you with your ACA compliance.
Employee Benefits for School Districts
- Multi-employer self-funded trust
- Offers 7 medical plans to each employee allowing each employee to decide what is best for his or her needs
- 5 PPO plans and 2 HSA eligible plans
- Deductibles range from $500 - $5,000 with 80/20 and 70/30 co-insurance options
- Medicare supplemental and prescription drug plan options available
- 2 self-funded dental plan options
- High and Low dental plans each have a different maximum benefit and co-insurance amount
- Both dental plans include no waiting periods, no pre-existing conditions and a maximum carry over credit allowance.
- 2 vision plan options
- Platinum and Silver vision plans allow for an eye exam every 12 months and a 12 or 24 month allowance for frames and lenses.
- Allowance for progressive lenses is included in the Platinum plan.
- Employer Funded Life ($10,000 to $50,000 available)
- Voluntary Life (up to $200,000 guaranteed issue)
- Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment (up to $200,000)
- Accident (hospital confinement rider available)
- Critical Illness (cancer rider available)
- Program focuses on 4 major areas: Fitness, Education, Prevention, and Healthy Living
- Capstone Insurors' Lifestyle Success Program brings a customizable Wellness Program to your school to help improve the health of your employees while managing your health care costs.
Solutions You Can Count On
With Capstone Insurors' president and owner, Kevin Krueger, leading the employee benefits industry with innovative and cost conscious solutions, your district can relax knowing that someone is finding solutions for you. Contact our office today for a free benefits review and quote!