Missouri Farm Insurance
One day in late April some years back, the unthinkable happened to a farming family who relied solely on their land for income. The sky darkened as the all too familiar train-like sound grew closer. As the F5 tornado ripped through the countryside, trees were snapped in half, fence posts were ripped from the ground, barns and storage sheds were torn down to ground level, cattle were killed and crops were destroyed.
To say that this family was devastated would be an understatement. They depended on the cattle in the pasture and the crops in the field to not only put food on their table, but also to provide them with the necessary income to keep the family farm running. The family who owned the farm were not the only ones affected by this disaster. The large number of farm hands and other employees were also at a loss. With their jobs gone, keeping their families clothed and fed would be difficult.
This story could have been a tragedy. However, the owner of the farm had the foresight to ensure that his home, farm, family and employees would all be taken care of if something like this ever happened. He had taken the time to seek out adequate coverage through a quality Farm Insurance program that also included Crop Insurance.
Because this man was so wise, everyone was protected. He had coverage to pay his employees and recoup the lost crops. He was able to rebuild all of the structures on his farm and purchase replacement cattle. Therefore, a little planning for the future with the right Agriculture Insurance plan effectively in place made for a happy ending to this farmer's story.
The Importance of Farming and the Right Coverage
Farming is one of the most important industries in the Southwest Missouri area. Not only do they provide for the residents in this country, but for those abroad as well. Successfully maintaining a farm requires a considerable amount of knowledge and hard work. However, just like with any other type of business, there are certain specific risks associated with farming.
As a farmer, you must take proper action to ensure the protection of yourself, your family and your farm. The only way to do this with the right Farm Insurance policy. There are several different types of coverage for farmers like yourself, so make certain to talk with an insurance agent who will be able to provide you with details on the exact coverage you need for your unique farm.
The Personal Protection You Need
A large number of people in Missouri work for organizations that offer benefits packages with crucial features like insurance plans and retirement savings. By owning your own business, you have to purchases policies such as this on your own. The personal coverage that you may want to consider includes the following:
- Dental Insurance - Good dental health leads to good coronary health according to some studies. By maintaining dental health with frequent checkups and proper care, you are supporting your overall health.
- Disability Insurance - If an injury leaves you severely disabled and unable to continue with the work on your farm, you may face financial hardship. With the right coverage, you will have adequate income until you are able to get back to work.
- Health Insurance - Many Missouri farmers hire seasonal employees, which means they may be exempt from healthcare coverage requirements. However, you will still need coverage for you and your family.
- Life Insurance - As a farmer, it is vital that your family is able to maintain the property in the event of your sudden passing. With the right life insurance policy, your loved ones will have the financial security to keep the family business afloat.
- Vehicle Insurance - Your commercial auto insurance may cover your farm vehicle, but you need coverage for your personal vehicles as well. For vehicles that you do not use for farming business, you need personal vehicle coverage.
Liability Insurance for Farmers
All businesses need coverage for liability risks and farming is no exception. As a farmer, you need to consider the following options for liability coverage included in your Agriculture Insurance policy:
- Commercial Vehicle Liability - All of your farm vehicles can be covered on a single policy to protect you against liability risks due to any bodily injury or property damage caused by you or an employee while behind the wheel of one of your farm vehicles.
- General Liability - If someone visits your farm and sustains and injury, you could be held accountable for the related medical bills. If you have a market onsite where you sell your goods, this type of coverage is especially important.
- Product Liability - You need this protection in case the products or food that you sell causes injury or illness.
- Workers Compensation - If one of your farm workers is injured while doing their job, this coverage will provide the necessary compensation for lost wages and medical expenses.
Protection for your Assets and Property
A quality Agriculture Insurance plan will provide coverage for damage or loss of your assets and property with the following coverage options:
- Crop Insurance
- Farm Structure Insurance
- Farming Equipment Insurance
- Homeowners Insurance
- Livestock Insurance
Farmers have a wide variety of coverage needs. At Capstone Insurors, we offer special coverage to make sure all of your assets are covered. Simply complete the quote request form now for more information. The protection you need is easier and more affordable to obtain than you think, so act now before it is too late.